Previous topicNext topic

From a recent gig

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
BaconMKII

From a recent gig

Post by BaconMKII »

Had a chance to do the visuals at a local arts and music festival. Luckily, someone there was recording most of the night. My intention was to have audio in from the mixer, but things change up so much during shows. I should probably make a better effort to communicate this for future gigs. My mic input wasn't strong enough to pick up audio so I had my Magic files reacting to a track on my laptop. Instead I did my best to transition between magic files and had to trigger things manually to match the music.
Here you can see some elements made in Magic, routed into Resolume, and layered over video. Now that midi learn is available, I may end up building some kind of vj template in Magic.
This video only captures a bit of the magic related stuff I made. The evolving thing in the beginning is Magic. I think my computer froze up a bit during this one. Gonna have to move everything over to a ssd.

You can also see an example of that here: http://instagram.com/p/tY2ghdqOYz/?modal=true
This one is harder to spot. The performers wanted everything black and white. This is a mix of Magic files routed into Resolume. You might spot an 3d skull rotating around which is done in Magic.
blackdot

Re: From a recent gig

Post by blackdot »

Cool stuff. The last one is a quite strange performance :).
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yes, very cool. Thanks for posting it. You must have worked hard to get enough material for all the different performers?
BaconMKII

Post by BaconMKII »

I've done longer improvised shows that have been more grueling. The key I've found is to have good pacing so that you don't run out of material/fx. I'm still figuring out a workflow with Magic that has more control over the visuals. Most of my sets so far have ended up really improvised haha

I like that I can tweak params in Magic and make the same scene look totally different.

Also, There was another group showcasing animated loops in between sets which gave me a bit of time to quickly plan out the next set.