Previous topicNext topic

Kinshasha Lagos Express

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
jhn9kdy

Kinshasha Lagos Express

Post by jhn9kdy »

Hello!

A friend of mine asked me if I could provide visuals for his DJ mixes and I stumbled upon Magic Music Visuals this morning. After watching all the tutorial videos, I managed to come up with a brave attempt at making something that might work based on a classic jungle tune:

I then turned my attention to something more relevant to my friends mixing:

I was hoping that the video would have a random selection of scenes from the ones I selected but it would appear that they are being selected in order. I'm not sure if there was a preference I should have changed but I'm quite pleased with the result.
jhn9kdy

Re: Kinshasha Lagos Express

Post by jhn9kdy »

In the end I decided to redo my longer Kinshasa-Lagos video and tweak some of the scenes. After reading the relevant documentation, I know know that there is no random scene selection when you export a video to mp4. Instead I just made a playlist that covered the entire 54 mins of audio that I had. I also added some introductory signage. It now looks a bit more like a proper film.

I think I should probably stick to shorter videos while I'm trying to work out how Magic works. It took over 5 hours to render the video this time! Since I'm only uploading this to youtube anyway, does anyone think it is better to use a lower resolution when exporting to mp4? Does it matter?
almilius@gmail.com

Re: Kinshasha Lagos Express

Post by almilius@gmail.com »

Hey I love what ur doing. I think it’s very well done. Just curious how ya got gifs into ur build? Anyways keep it up you do you and I hope to see more soon :D