Previous topicNext topic

Hypercube

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
W3rD

Hypercube

Post by W3rD »

In the process of uploading my pre-existing visuals to YT, here is my most recent creation!

Happy little dancing cube, you'll see how he earned his name pretty quickly XD

Let me know what you guys think!

Cube is the standard default cube when you open Blender (except now he raves)

One thing I was not able to figure out is how to import the textures along with the model, if anyone who knows how could shed some light I would greatly appreciate that.

The effects chain on the cube in the first scene include: trails, city lights (ISF), HSB modulation, and a rotate-axis on x and y respectively with modulation of volume.

Effects chain on the starfield include: solarize, trails, and HSB modulation.

May have missed a couple of effects, I'm using the trail version rn but I plan on purchasing soon <3 I love playing with Magic :)
phosphorus

Re: Hypercube

Post by phosphorus »

This is Awesome! I love the way it jumps to the beat so well. it RAVES!

im still to figure out textures on model.

thanks for the inspiration.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Like phosphorous says, the reactivity is good but I especially like the care taken on the changes. Were these manual or automated in some way? I noticed that the changes lessened in the second half of the track, so much so that the drop at 2.37 seemed to be somewhat ignored. I only mention this because this is where I think the audience enjoys the visuals most, when the changes reflect or augment their mood. Subbed and looking forward to seeing more.
W3rD

Post by W3rD »

Thanks for enjoying phosphorus!

Sadler, the transitions were achieved by me listening to the track and taking note of major changes and manipulating the timing of the playlist through trail and error to get it to line up. However, my intention behind this video was to demo the lil cube with a couple of effects, mostly just play! I may go back and edit the choreography to fit the drops more. My first real project where I time synced to major drops and got grimy was my Pink Elephant visual but I need to re upload that one bc the quality got butchered. 100% with you tho on that the evolution of visuals involves synced transitions that convey whats happening with the music, but visually. I'm trying to find a method that will work for live performances but I believe a lot of it is going to boil down to having an intimate relationship with the musician and knowing what's going to drop before it happens.
visuality

Post by visuality »

Nice!!!