Previous topicNext topic

Echos

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
visuality

Echos

Post by visuality »

I created the audio for this in VCV rack it starts out very drone like, then turns into a house track. The whole musical structure is generative. The sequences are driven by a Turing machine in VCV rack (VCV Rack is free btw), a Turing machine is another way of saying musical computer, it spits out random values within a range, I used that to drive all sorts of things, for example, there is a audio sample file player that output its audio to a reverb, the drumming is done by something callled a topographic sequencer thats basically a drum pattern mixer that can generate random patterns on the fly I think it based on Mutable Instruments "braids". Anyway thought the video was cool as it was very glitchy and it was made mostly in magic. I did use dancers as a driving pattern for my effect but as you can see I completely abstracted their identities, they drive many effects. In this one I really did not care about color as it was about texture.
W3rD

Re: Echos

Post by W3rD »

There's a glitch in the matrix! Really creative and unique effects going on here, how long was your creation process?
visuality

Re: Echos

Post by visuality »

Thanks and sorry for the super delayed response. I always have something personal going on. To answer your question, not long. I've made hundreds of patches already so for me its just matter of throwing them together in a unique way. That took 10 or 15 minutes to produce, it's the recording that becoming a burden as I am mixing and combining already build complex patches. Also if I use the internal file recorder I loose audio reaction as it does not support audio reaction during recording. So for now, I have to use screen captures. I posted another with music from Ishome if your interested, all the best and thanks.