Previous topicNext topic

Another magic midi

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
skarabee

Another magic midi

Post by skarabee »

This one did put my old laptop on his knees.
I had to use 2 instances for some models (the "bass couple"), one in 3DS format for texturing, covered by another one in LWO format for specular/shininess. I had to remove a scene with 3D models textured with a video file (using "refractor" IFF), and swith off all the antialisings in order to run it at...10 fps.
So, this is my last attempt with my actual config...

Because I decided to make the jump. I had the chance to grab a 3 months old second-hand Asus ROG, with a G-Force 1040 GTX. Just installed a demo version of Magic, and it's night and day! 56 fps on the same project, with a better resolution and antialiasing!
I'll switch my license to this new beast soon, or maybe buy a second one. Hope this texture thing will get fixed in the future.

Yes, I'm addicted to Magic ;-).
And yes, one more time, it's a too short demo :-))
But you can watch it again to catch all the moving music things!

Some explanations about the 3D anim model "flying birds", appearing in the middle of the song. I made it in Corel Motion Studio (very basic 3D builder) and exported each frame of the animation as separate model. Then I used an input selector to play them at desired speed. This way I can act on the whole animated object and use several instances with different behaviours.
The "exploding sphere" use another method: Since I didn't want to move/rotate the model, I just rendered the animation to video file with an alpha channel, and applied a trail on the particles.
Sadler

Re: Another magic midi

Post by Sadler »

Pretty awesome with personality peeping through the various instruments. Nice one.
visuality

Post by visuality »

Wow amazing timings going on here, you seem to have been able to have scene events happen at certain intervals. These feel like the style of that series "computer animation showcase" to witch I was a huge fan of. Awesome work, thank you.
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

All the sync events is this final scene are made via midi. With my new laptop, I'm able to play a Korg keyboard, a Roland electronic drum set, a midified guitar, and a tiny midi controler all together, each instrument emitting on his own midi channel and having his dedicated visual. Great fun with my band!