Previous topicNext topic

Calming Kaleidoscope

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
mikeymalone

Calming Kaleidoscope

Post by mikeymalone »

Let me know what you think, did a few different things with various kaleidoscope setups...

peteraries

Re: Calming Kaleidoscope

Post by peteraries »

Inredibly peaceful and beautiful. Well done!
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

For kaleidoscopes some of these are pretty nice if you like kaleidoscopes but the events and changes in the music, subtle as they are, should be reflected in the visual in my opinion, for the visuals to add to the experience. When the music changes but the visuals don't or worse if the visuals change without a noticeable audio event it can be quite jarring and only detract from the music. That said, I do like the amount of variation but would like it more if it were in sync with the music.
OblongBox

Post by OblongBox »

nice run through them - what frequencies were you matching to?
mikeymalone

Post by mikeymalone »

Sadler wrote:For kaleidoscopes some of these are pretty nice if you like kaleidoscopes but the events and changes in the music, subtle as they are, should be reflected in the visual in my opinion, for the visuals to add to the experience. When the music changes but the visuals don't or worse if the visuals change without a noticeable audio event it can be quite jarring and only detract from the music. That said, I do like the amount of variation but would like it more if it were in sync with the music.
I agree.. just now getting into the heart of Magic so hoping to increase my skill with these. Would be awesome if there was a timeline feature. I can do it via a ramp I think, but have to do some math, haha
OblongBox wrote:nice run through them - what frequencies were you matching to?
It depends on the kaleidoscope that was running. Some of them were lower frequency, some were higher.
visuality

Post by visuality »

If you like to play with geometry like this you should try this below.

Try the
https://www.interactiveshaderformat.com/sketches/1653

Lutesque node, I never leave home with it :) Try it on everything, its like Magic.