Previous topicNext topic

The Dream (music i made with a TTS-voice as vocals)

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
Espen

The Dream (music i made with a TTS-voice as vocals)

Post by Espen »

I have nothing to do with the production of the original video. That is Ken Block and Hoonigans work. Ive only done some simple editing. Gotta learn this sofftware better, and work some more on setting it up properly... The music is my own work. Lyrics are written down from a vocal sample pack, and spoken by the TTS voice "Salli" by "Ivona"... Not perfect, but i cant sing, and i guess it is interesting to see what can be done with a TTS voice... The voice is probably close to 5 years old, and im guessing there are better ones out there now...

Edit: Ive worked a bit on the Shaders, etc, and got a much nicer looking video. Have not rendered any of them yet, but when i do, ill post it...
Scotty_123

Re: The Dream (music i made with a TTS-voice as vocals)

Post by Scotty_123 »

I really like the track and synthetic singer works very well for this track. Well done. Interesting video. I like the film footage and visual overlays. Very creative and eye catching. I have just started experimenting with vocaloid myself and you can do a lot with the virtual singers. It is more interesting to me to use them as textures and atmospheres... almost like a synthesizer but with human qualities.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I really like how you combined the effects with the live video. Very good concept.
Espen

Post by Espen »

Thanks a bunch to both of you :D I made another video but at least facebook would not let me post it, as it contains music that i do not have the rights to. Anyway... The shaders look much better now. I chose about 230 of the shaders, and connected them (through a multi-mix box) to a mask-box (without the alpha setting), together with the video, which is seen through the mask, as well as being the video seen behind the shaders. I also put on some extra contrast (0.2-0.3), which makes the video inside the shader-mask "pop out" with extra colors and "liveliness", making the shader-masks look like some kinda video-filter enhancig the video. I think it makes the video look a little more "clean" than this one, less overwhelmed by the effects :)
OblongBox

Post by OblongBox »

cool
Espen

Post by Espen »

Post edited. Video available again. I previuosly deleted it on YouTube, when i re-uploaded it with better settings/resolution some time ago...