Previous topicNext topic

Recent gig

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
Sadler

Recent gig

Post by Sadler »

I VJ'd at the weekend (Sat 29 Apr 2017) and tried to take some video. I'll have to make more effort next time to get better footage but these dancers were having such fun I thought I'd post despite the quality.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Recent gig

Post by Magic »

Very cool. So you are capturing the dancers live?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Yes, capturing through a Kinect camera and mixing in MMV. I had wanted to do the complete night in MMV but it being a 10 hour session I had to break out Resolume too. I have fun in both programs but I find I can be much more creative in Magic.

At one point there was at least four different layers of dancers, Front of screen, back of screen (shadow dancing), dancers in video and live Kinect dancers.
Layers of Dancers.jpg
Layers of Dancers.jpg (212.32 KiB) Viewed 6649 times
For practical reasons I had to VJ from behind the screen in a tent (outdoor event). Only a 1920x1080 control screen so a bit tight on screen space in this photo.
Cramped Screen.jpg
Cramped Screen.jpg (145.21 KiB) Viewed 6649 times
OblongBox

Post by OblongBox »

This is splendid!

Can you go through what you did a bit more?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

It is all a bit too easy with Visikord which I spout into Magic. I don't use much of what the program offers except the kinect capture. There's a 30 day trial if you want to try it yourself. Davor, the developer is a nice chap and quite receptive of VJ needs. It is not perfect but it has been solid working with Magic.
artnik

Post by artnik »

Nice work! I love how anonymizing the kinect is - probably made it easy for people to play with it without being self-conscious. Bravo.