Previous topicNext topic

Magic Visual Keyboard round 4

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
skarabee

Magic Visual Keyboard round 4

Post by skarabee »

I now have a virtual drummer and some keyboards all playing through midi and audio files. No sync problems noticed here. All is done in one renderd scene. I used midi CCs to show/hide elements. Colors are not tasty and models are very basic, this is more a proof-of-concept. The hardest work is done, I have now template scenes for virtual instruments in many flavours. I'll share some soon.

Still exploring and discovering new amazing things in MMV.

Magic
Site Admin

Re: Magic Visual Keyboard round 4

Post by Magic »

Awesome :). My only suggestion would be to make the drummer bigger, maybe even twice as big, just to give more impact to it.

I love the keyboard at 1:15, very cool.
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

Yes I agree, the spider drummer looks a bit thin. In my first attempt I made it bigger but I needed some space to put the 2 other keyboards for the demo.
The solo keyboard is my first model a flat 39 keys, through a spherical mapping with a sine osc movement.

I wish I could use more detailed 3D models or at least find some with good textures, but first I have to upgrade my hardware. My 7 years old laptop is slowly dying...
dj0le

Post by dj0le »

Nice! The piano bits are phenomenal, I love that.

As far as the spider, another option might be to just make the arms travel a lot further? For instance, if they were moving twice the distance per beat, then they would look much faster and match the tempo of the drums better.
visuality

Post by visuality »

Really beautiful piece of work, congrats on this, I love it. Its rendered so nicely as well, great job.
Trygve

Post by Trygve »

This one kicks ass ! At lest id did to me so I finely got to buy MMV today... Shared it on FB so hope u get more views ! Now I start to believe we can do something close to the famous Animusic shows, just in a simplified way...
skarabee

Post by skarabee »

Welcome Tryge!
Yes, it's by far more simple than Animusic, but with a little work, we can animate our dreams.