Previous topicNext topic

The General Synopsis

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
Sadler

The General Synopsis

Post by Sadler »

This is my first attempt at using the playlist to generate a video.
artnik

Re: The General Synopsis

Post by artnik »

I have no idea why, but this made me grin like an idiot.

I love the simplicity of it, and that scrolling graph trick is pretty nifty, (and thematically on point.)

Well done.

One suggestion, perhaps the three bars on the right could be anchored at the right end, and swivel on their endpoints to make the traces. You know, like the physical needles on a seismograph. Just to push the metaphor.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Thanks artnik. I might just experiment with your suggestion to make it more seismographic. At the moment I'm simply blowing from the center to the right edge. It might be a bit trick matching rotation to y-distance.

Glad to hear it made you grin. That could just be braces tower. I quite like their music and they've put all their recordings into the public domain. Also, it could be the BBC weather report that did it. It is actually called the general synopsis and can be quite soporific.
artnik

Post by artnik »

Ah, I guess I misunderstood how you were creating the traces. How are you creating them?

I assumed that you were moving those three bars vertically based on 3 frequency ranges, and scrolling the left half of the screen, like a slit-scan of the bars' tips.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

That's exactly how I'm doing it. A small box centered vertically and slitscanned while reacting to volume, bass and notes. No scrolling necessary, the slitscan does that. The bars are created by the Blow FFGL which extends pixels to the edge.
OblongBox

Post by OblongBox »

I really enjoyed this