Previous topicNext topic

Space Punk v Space Funk

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
almilius@gmail.com

Space Punk v Space Funk

Post by almilius@gmail.com »

Did a little video using this software to animate the music and make it more interesting to watch. Kinda made a split screen to emphasize the point of the face off between music styles. I would love to dig much deeper with magic and it is outright more than worth the price of admission, but it would be nice if it read the audio from an imported video. Of corse I may be oblivious to something. Anyone have any advice on how to achieve this? Thanks for checking this out! :geek: 8-)

reGeneraTed

Re: Space Punk v Space Funk

Post by reGeneraTed »

Hey Almilius!

I'm not sure if this will fix your problem, but you could always try this:

Add a global variable with this setup:
------
Name: videoOnAndOFF
Source: 0
Feature: Volume
Expression: if (x <= 0.01, 0, 1)
------

After you've created this global, add a video file: Add<Media<VideoFile

Select Goto Start and choose the global variable you just created.

Now add the same video to your audio source and all things should be synced. :) If this doesn't work, just click rewind Files and play Files and everything should get back on track.

Hopefully this gives you a step in the right direction. :D

I'm loving the mix at 2:55. The way you exchange tracks and display the different elements if very captivating. I look forward to more of your work.

Regards,
Swoop
almilius@gmail.com

Re: Space Punk v Space Funk

Post by almilius@gmail.com »

Hey thank you so much for the in depth advice! I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet but I def will. I think it is time for my bum ass to actually buy a DAW :lol: Thanks for diggin it :) this forum is great btw. Much love!