Previous topicNext topic

Waveforms and EQs

Live performances or exported movies created with Magic.
Sadler

Waveforms and EQs

Post by Sadler »

A few examples of three-dimensional waveforms that can be achieved in MMV.

Terry Payman

Re: Waveforms and EQs

Post by Terry Payman »

Awesome, beautiful and inspiring - a great contribution.

I did have a TL;DW attack after a few bars though, and then skipped through - almost certainly missing out on at least one visual delight. Perhaps a "trailer" intro with scene changes every bar would have even greater impact and grab-factor, then the scenes could repeat at length for full hypnotic effect.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Thanks Terry - I hear you on the TL;DW and agree with you. I've been sitting on this for a while meaning to post it. Catering to short attention spans is a continuous challenge! ;) I wanted to have more eye candy but it would have taken much longer than I wanted.

Was thinking along the way how some form of scene morphing would be one way to capture experimentation and variation. Either all globals, or a selection of modifier values or all params within a scene could be captured into a 'morph target' (perhaps a new node) which could be smoothly interpolated with easing. One would set up a scene, set a morph target, change parameters, set another target and so on. Then, within that scene, have some form of target selector which controls which target the scene is morphing to. I realise some things would be difficult to morph (expressions!) most could I would think.

Anyway, I'm typing in the wrong forum. Thanks for the feedback.
TKS

Post by TKS »

I also like your video a lot, really amazing effects.

I have to confess, I also skipped some parts here or there...but unlike Terry I carefully skipped only in 5 second-steps to not miss any of them :D
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

THX TKS. Seriously though - need to find a way to be more efficient and appreciate the nudges.