Previous topicNext topic

Permit feedback around a series of modules

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Fractal Grinder

Re: Permit feedback around a series of modules

Post by Fractal Grinder »

If we could get something like that bigfug plug in working in 64 bit magic that would be super rad.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

The chaps at Resolume mentioned they're working on 64bit for Avenue/Arena v6 which will include 64bit FFGL. Whether Alex May updates his plugins is another matter.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

The chaps at Resolume mentioned they're working on 64bit for Avenue/Arena v6 which will include 64bit FFGL.
That's cool, I think those will be the first 64-bit FFGL plugins. Theoretically they should work with Magic, but I've never had any to test with. When they become available, remind me to investigate :).
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

artnik wrote:Genuinely curious Terry, do you have any examples of the kinds of effects you're looking to achieve with this kind of looping?
Finally, yes. :D
A few variations on a basic setup. Note that the feedback is constrained.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Eric wrote:When they become available, remind me to investigate :).
Resolume Beta became public today and although many of their FFGL effects have been subsumed into the application proper, there are a few, presumably 64bit, plugins in the beta install. All of these seem to work in 64bit Magic!

Only customers are able to download the beta but there's a video and new features list on their site.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Bigfug has updated his plugins to 64 bit for Resolume. They work in Magic Music Visuals 64 bit! Includes feedback, power (spectrum), scope (waveform) and glitch. Not so important in MMV now but simple to use.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Sadler wrote:Bigfug has updated his plugins to 64 bit for Resolume. They work in Magic Music Visuals 64 bit!...
IMO still good value at £19.99 for the set even if one only uses the feedback module (it gives much cleaner results than the Zooming Feedback ISF).
https://www.bigfug.com/product/bigfug-f ... on-windows

Individual modules are now £5 for either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions.
https://www.bigfug.com/software/freeframe/
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Update: Using Spout
I've just realised that under Windows I can use Spout senders and receivers to enable feedback around a series of modules, although there are some issues.

1) There is an apparent problem with levels, and blacks sometimes get crushed. The fix seems arbitrary.
2) The Spout Receiver does not display the selected sender name, and I suspect may not always retain it.
3) This seems to be a 32-bit-only solution.

More details available, if anyone shows interest!