Previous topicNext topic

MIDI list

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Reigel

MIDI list

Post by Reigel »

Hi,
I really would appreciate a list of all connected MIDI controllers and their respective targets.
In crowded scenes there are lots of MIDI controls and some of them control different features on differents modules at a time. Sometimes I have to change controllers for handyness, and sometimes I import modules or even scenes (see other FR) and then most probably there will be some MIDI mess.
Having a simple list or table where all MIDI controls in use and their targets are listed would be a tremendous help.
I even could dream of sort of a crossbar where I could simply tick crosspoints to connect a fader oder key to a module and feature. This would make life faster and more secure.

Best
Reinhard
Magic
Site Admin

Re: MIDI list

Post by Magic »

Well, you can easily change the source MIDI device in the Audio/MIDI window... I set it up that way explicitly for the purpose of changing MIDI controllers or audio devices.

But there will also be some improvements in Magic v2.0 for what you're describing :).
Reigel

Re: MIDI list

Post by Reigel »

Ok.
The playlist is not what I meant. It changes controlers and channels per project. But it does not give a list of which key of a controler and which fader is routed to which parameter on which specific module in that specific scene . I need theses very details. So I am looking forward to the news in V2.

Best Reinhard