Previous topicNext topic

Import Scene

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Reigel

Import Scene

Post by Reigel »

Hi,
I really miss a feature which lets me import scenes from other projects. Basically I want to arange a set scenes for a show by using scenes from different other projects. The only way I know yet is to import a complete project and delete all I do not need. This is acceptable but needs a lot of attention and work and can't be done in just a minute. But just this feature: A fast and reliable way to quickly respond on situations and create a show out of the shelf would be very cool.
Thanks
Reinhard
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Import Scene

Post by Magic »

Thanks, that's been on my list for a while and it's definitely something I'd like to do.
Reigel

Post by Reigel »

So I happily wait.

Best
Reinhard
Monstrositor

Post by Monstrositor »

Guys, I apologize if this has been already proffered but I haven't seen a solution in the forum hunt. Importing project. Yes all the scenes dump over from one project to another. However, how does one import the playlist and its subsequent time changes? I have 15 songs I want to merge together for a setlist, midi controlled but don't want to renter every single time length for the 14 other songs on the back end of the first project. Is this possible? Help please
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Unfortunately the playlist isn't imported (so that the timing isn't screwed up).

Perhaps what I can do in a future version is prompt the user if they want to add the new playlist at the end of the existing one.
Monstrositor

Post by Monstrositor »

Thanks Eric. Good to know one way or other before I travel down the road on re-entry.
Next question. How does one control the auto advance option either by midi or daw? I don't see how to control its on/off function nor does it save and just automatically start within a project.

Thanks.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

As far as the Playlist is concerned, Auto-advance and MIDI are mutually exclusive. In other words, if you have a hardware MIDI controller, or a DAW that can send MIDI commands, you don't need to use Auto-advance. You'll get more precise control anyway, and you won't need to worry about entering the time lengths.

There are three different ways to control the Playlist with MIDI: Prev/Next buttons, Global Command, or Individual Commands. You can take a look at the User's Guide sections here: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... .html#MIDI.

Does that help? Hopefully I understood what you were asking :).