Previous topicNext topic

Lossless (M4A) support?

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
mikeymalone

Lossless (M4A) support?

Post by mikeymalone »

So I've got some new tracks through one of my dj pools and I use lossless file format (m4a) for the tracks I get from them.

Imagine my sadness when I was looking to create a visual synced to music file when the audio import doesn't accept m4a files. I know I can route it through cables etc for live analyzing, but it would be more beneficial to be able to import the files directly like we can with mp3, wave, etc.

Any chance this is in the pipe?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Lossless (M4A) support?

Post by Magic »

You are actually the first person to ask about that particular format :). It's not currently in the pipe, but I can look into it.

As a workaround though, you could just convert your files, right?
mikeymalone

Post by mikeymalone »

Yeah I can convert them, and I have a feeling the format will start gaining more traction as the filesize is similar to a 320kbps file, but it's lossless. However in the meantime I'll just convert as I need.
mojozart

Post by mojozart »

Eric wrote:You are actually the first person to ask about that particular format :).
I came here looking for m4a as well, as I would be making videos on iOS if an iOS version of MMV were available.

Am I only the second person to express interest?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Am I only the second person to express interest?
Yes :). Unfortunately it's a rather low priority because of that, and also because it's relatively easy to convert audio files.