Previous topicNext topic

Bad Wrap

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Sadler

Bad Wrap

Post by Sadler »

If one wants to wrap between 0 and -1 for example, the wrap modifier can't do it. The wrap modifier will only wrap to a positive number. An easy workaround is to use x % 1 (or even x % -1) in an expression modifier.

It would be nice to see Wrap extended, though I also wouldn't mind seeing wrap, offset, scale, power etc be subsumed by expressions.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Bad Wrap

Post by Magic »

f one wants to wrap between 0 and -1 for example, the wrap modifier can't do it. The wrap modifier will only wrap to a positive number.
True, although Offset(-1) afterwards would work, but that's one extra step I guess :).
I also wouldn't mind seeing wrap, offset, scale, power etc be subsumed by expressions.
I think the Expression modifier can be a little intimidating for some people, at least initially. But yes, you can do every math operation with the Expression modifier if you want.
Sadler

Re: Bad Wrap

Post by Sadler »

You got me!

But then there's the thing - I confused myself (or my thinking stopped) because I expected the wrap to cope with negatives. My expectations that the expression modifier, while intimidating to some, would handle any maths correctly, might not confuse or limit thinking as in my case.

Thanks.