Previous topicNext topic

Transition effects

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
D1gits

Transition effects

Post by D1gits »

Hi again. Is there way of adding isf effects as a transition effect? So that when I switch from one scene to another the isf effect would create a crossover effect with for example a "BAD TV" effect?

Otherwise, are there any expressions that would help me achieve the same thing, like:

scene1 - jpg1
to
scene2 - jpg2 that starts with BAD TV effect that slowly fades from 100% to 0%, and does not appear again...

All the best. D1gits
blackdot

Re: Transition effects

Post by blackdot »

what you could do is make your bad-tv-effect into a video file that goes for a few seconds and slowly fades to transparent (would need to be one of the few video formats that even support alpha (or use a second white-to-black-video as a video-mask)) and only starts at the beginning of the scene and is not looped.
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

Would be a good solution. Just that I work with live taken pictures. So no time for rendering a video....
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

i have an even better idea now:

in the second scene you have your bad tv effect that's on top of your image, right? decrease its visibility with an increase=1 and an Invert=1 modifier. upon changing into this scene, it will slowly turn invisible, depending on the value of the increase modifiers.

eg like this:
2016-05-13_1611.png
2016-05-13_1611.png (82.41 KiB) Viewed 5603 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I do have plans to add more playlist transition effects, but transition effects are special, so not just any effect can be used.

A playlist transition needs to have the following stages:
1) Scene A is 100% visible, effect is not visible, scene B is not visible
2) Scene A is 50% visible, effect is 100% visible, scene B is 50% visible
3) Scene A is not visible, effect is not visible, scene B is 100% visible

But if you only needed the effect at the end of the transition, Blackdot's suggestion would work.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

This arrangement seems to work quite well, though perhaps limited in terms of transition curves and duration.
magic_transition.png
magic_transition.png (54.92 KiB) Viewed 5596 times
The multimix can take any number of inputs to transition between although the transition effects takes up n-1 slots.
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

Thanks everyone! I'll try all your good suggestions... Think it will end up somewhere similar to what i wanted : )