Previous topicNext topic

More control

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
D1gits

More control

Post by D1gits »

A feature I see is missing is to Map "everything" to MIDI och Key strokes (or OSC). Would be super nice to have a way of mapping the specific features you want to control. Like in Resolume:
Map all the features you need : )
Map all the features you need : )
Skärmavbild 2016-03-17 kl. 10.54.44.png (44.45 KiB) Viewed 4444 times
At the moment my goal is to map the "Update arrow" in the TextFile module. To have a quick access to that button. But new ideas will come up where different parts of this wonderful program needs to be mapped. So the Resolume solution would be a nice add on!

Or is there a work around?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: More control

Post by Magic »

I understand what you mean, but out of curiosity, why do you need to repeatedly trigger the update button? It's not really meant to be used in real-time, which is why you can't map it to MIDI. A better solution would be to use an InputSelector module with different TextFile modules as inputs.
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

Thanks for that Eric!

Im doing a show where we quickly ask the name of a member in the audience. I have a promt popping up where I can quickly edit a text file, and write the name of the persons name. Now I want MAGIC to update this via QLab. And the Name is Visualized with MAGIC. But your idea might work.

Will this also update the file at the same time as the Input is changed? Will this also work to change the Index in a "JpegFolder" module? So that QLab can control the index via MIDI? I still think that the update button would benefit of being mappable : )

EDIT/ Did not get the TextFile with a InputSelector to work. The Switching of input is a really nice feature. But it does not update the source it is switching from/to. Got the switching to work via MIDI thou! Is there any other way to update the text on the fly?

All the best for now!
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Is there any other way to update the text on the fly?
How about using the Text module (not the TextFile module)? It lets you type the text directly into the module.
D1gits

Post by D1gits »

Yes that was my first try out. It works, but to make it as easy to use for our technician (witch may switch from gigg to gigg) the option with a pop up promt Is the solution I want to get to work...

And hopefully in the future, everything will be controllable ; )