Previous topicNext topic

Blender \ Touch Designer Style UI

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
visuality

Blender \ Touch Designer Style UI

Post by visuality »

I remember I was going to post this before but did not get around to it. I like our little window but wonder if it were possible to have the option of Desktop | Work space that would have the rendering in it alla Touch Designer or Blender Compositor style. This puts the rendered window under the patches and is usually something you can lock down or scale and slide around with key combos. I see this as a option via right mouse button or preferences, if you couldn't do that, would the developer kit allow you to? Just wondering.

See attachments
Attachments
another example where the node are over image and image is scaled off to right
another example where the node are over image and image is scaled off to right
blender compositor (2).jpg (58.36 KiB) Viewed 3299 times
nodes over the rendering: Example of a work space where the rendering is in backdrop of the work window instead of a floating window
nodes over the rendering: Example of a work space where the rendering is in backdrop of the work window instead of a floating window
SLOWPOKE.jpg (154.42 KiB) Viewed 3299 times
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Blender \ Touch Designer Style UI

Post by Magic »

Yeah that's pretty cool, I would definitely like to have it as an option. Just FYI though, it does slow down the frame rate a bit. Having the graphics in a separate dedicated window always gives the best performance.