Previous topicNext topic

Feature request: Text Overlay

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
geadas

Feature request: Text Overlay

Post by geadas »

Hi all,

I don't know if this feature exists or not, apparently not. Yet it is usefull and "basic" for Magic's purposes.

The idea would be to have an overlay object where the user could type some text and:
- choose font;
- Choose sise;
- Choose location on screen;
- Choose starting time;
- Choose duration of the caption;
- Choose fadein/fadeout/none;

I'm sure everyone of us have seen vídeos where there is a signature at the start of the vídeo (something like: band name/song name).

A feature like this would be incredibly usefull.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Carlos Geadas
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: Text Overlay

Post by Magic »

Hi Carlos, thanks for your suggestion. It's a good idea and the only reason it doesn't exist is because we haven't done it yet :). But it's definitely on our list. In the meantime we've been suggesting that our users can simply create images with text in them (using an image editing program) and display them in Magic using the Image module.

Also, you could fade the images in and out using different scenes in the Playlist.

Hope that helps for now.

Eric
craftycurate

Post by craftycurate »

+1 for text features
AMG-Tech

Post by AMG-Tech »

This would be a great feature as i do live events at Uni for Gig nights and i think it would be good to be able to overlay a name.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok thanks. Just so I understand, do you want this feature so you can quickly change text at a live gig? That would make sense. But for non-live stuff, it seems to me that it would be better to create an image (in Photoshop) with text in it right? Because it would give you more options?

Eric