Previous topicNext topic

Split Screen

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Fractal Grinder

Split Screen

Post by Fractal Grinder »

Hey i was thinking of a thing that would be useful for me in some projectss, I think I can make it happen with what i have currently, but for the future I think it would be cool to have something that accomplishes this quicker. Basically what I would like to do is have a scene or scenes with contrasting elements on the left and right sides. Some of the concepts that I have would involve completely different images that oppose and other concepts i have with this are as simple as adding effects like invert or something to the left side and not the right.

Is this something you guys could look into?

Or could you give me some advice on how to do this with the tools already in magic? Even tho I think i can do it, id like to here your input, because in all honesty the way im thinking on how to do this is going to be a pain in the ass and may not even work
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Split Screen

Post by Magic »

Well, the simplest way you could accomplish that would be to just translate things. For example, you could use scene modules like in this example from the User's Guide:
Check out https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... eneModules for the full description.

You could use different scenes for the left and right, or use the same scenes but with different effects applied.

Does that help?
Fractal Grinder

Re: Split Screen

Post by Fractal Grinder »

Yeah thats kinda what I was conceptualizing I have to get in Magic and test and see tho.