Previous topicNext topic

Zoom In Out

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
tribeteknofolle

Zoom In Out

Post by tribeteknofolle »

Hi Eric,
I was thinking, you could replace the mouse command scrolling wheel, to scroll the page, to zoom in out based on the position of the pointer?

Cheers Andrea
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Zoom In Out

Post by Magic »

Yup :), zooming in/out is on my list for v2.0; see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=228&p=1813&hilit=zooming#p1752
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Bump!

Ctrl+mousewheel (Windows) zoom in-out would be very useful when navigating, especially as I'm now switching between 4k screens on my desktop(43") and Laptop (17")

Ctrl+mousewheel zoom is a familiar operation when using a web browser (Firefox,Chrome)
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Thanks. I did add some font-scaling functionality a while ago (Window > Window Layout > Increase/Decrease Font Size), but it isn't a true zoom because it doesn't scale the connectors.

I don't think it would be too difficult to add some additional scaling options.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Eric wrote:...I don't think it would be too difficult to add some additional scaling options.
:D :D :D

I'd be very happy with an interim measure of mapping the existing keyboard Ctrl+0/Ctrl+9 zoom to Ctrl+Mousewheel, pending fuller implementation of a zoom function that handles the spacing/connectors too.

A neat complementary feature would be using Ctrl+MousewheelClick to Auto Arrange All Modules - again a simple mapping of existing Ctrl+G functionality.

Full zoom control will be awesome, but in the meantime I sometimes use an Auto Arrange to fix the spacing after a Ctrl+0/Ctrl+9 zoom (although I accept that re-arranging is often undesirable).