Previous topicNext topic

ISF module file requester

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Rick

ISF module file requester

Post by Rick »

Hi Eric,
With the GLSL module file requester the directory is updated recursively, but, when using ISF modules the "replace with" method it does not
recognize the newer files in the directory unless I restart Magic. Can there be a requester for the ISF modules similar to the GLSL file method?
Thanks for the great software.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: ISF module file requester

Post by Magic »

Hey Rick, unfortunately there would be a couple issues with doing it that way, at least for now.

The main issue is that scanning all the modules (to see which ones are available and which ones are compatible) can take a few seconds, so you wouldn't want it to scan every time you open the module menus, or you'd get pretty annoyed by the delay :). I have it on my list to add a menu option to rescan, but it would still have to be done manually.

For ISF specifically, there is also the problem of parameters -- with the GLSLShader module, all the parameters are always the same, but with ISF modules, the parameters are always different. A module can't change its parameters once it's been added to the scene. It's possible I could improve this in the future, but it would involve a significant amount of work and testing. We'll see :).