Previous topicNext topic

Feature request/query

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
vlad

Feature request/query

Post by vlad »

Hello,
I am not sure if this feature already exists or not - it is, to my mind, so basic, and I still cannot do what I want... Otherwise it is really an excellent tool.
Anyway, what I want to do is to synchronize an object movement with MIDI note event.
What I do is introduce a "Translate" module which is the only way to "move" an object. The problem is - I can make an object to "jerk" synchronously to the MIDI note (using Offset parameter), but I cannot introduce the synchronized "start move" event to the object, after which the module would at a certain speed move and then return to original position ("dancing object"). I also can use the "Ramp" parameter, so that the object would move smoothly, but then it is NOT synchronized to the MIDI note event. So, I guess, I want the "Ramp" to be synchronized to the MIDI event.
Even more complicated task is how to to synchronize the GLSL program to MIDI events.
Regards,
Vlad
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Feature request/query

Post by Magic »

Hi Vlad, I think what you want to do is use a Peak modifier with one of the parameters in the Translate module. The Peak modifier will respond to the audio immediately, but it will smooth the decay so you get a movement that is less jerky. You can also use a Smooth modifier after the Peak modifier to smooth the movement even more.

Try that and let me know if it helps.

Eric