Previous topicNext topic

Gravity?

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Fractal Grinder

Gravity?

Post by Fractal Grinder »

Hey this is my first time posting in the forums, I searched for this topic and it has not seemed to come up.

Gravity.

I had this Indie Xbox 360 game called Iris 2.0 which for the price, was awesome, it was very simple and easy to use and it had some very cool after effects, but I think the thing I miss the most is its Gravity options. You could have little planets (i guess, probably not what they were actually called) that had there own gravitational pull, which you could also link the power of the pull to frequency ranges and volume, which would pull things like the starfield and objects closer and further away then triggered.

Anyway I really like this program and im glad to see its still coming along nicely I just really miss making things go nuts with gravity on that program, and would love to impliment it in this.

I could post a video of my TV of some of my presets on the Xbox game to give you guys an idea of what im talking about.
Sadler

Re: Gravity?

Post by Sadler »

One for the future: real-time physics engine and particle system.
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

Sadler wrote:One for the future: real-time physics engine and particle system.
It would be very great !

one exemplke with adrien Mondot ( a really great and nice french artist )
http://www.am-cb.net/emotion/
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

Sadler wrote:One for the future: real-time physics engine and particle system.
+1 for that, heck yeah :)
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

I'm not actually sure if a full-blown physics engine is possible within the scope of Magic. At the moment I can't think of a way to make it work :). Because of the modular design, different elements of the scene don't always know about each other, so it would be hard to make them interact under the laws of gravity or collisions or whatever. But I'll think about it some more.

What's definitely possible is having just one module, like a particle system, do an internal physical simulation. It has been on my to-do list, and gravity would certainly be a part of it.
Fractal Grinder

Post by Fractal Grinder »

"What's definitely possible is having just one module, like a particle system, do an internal physical simulation. It has been on my to-do list, and gravity would certainly be a part of it."

Yup that would be awesome. Magic is coming along quite nicely, I just added some ISF modules, and I feel like I entered a whole other rabbit whole, would be great to add a particle system and gravity to this, how far along the road could we expect something like this (roughly)?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Maybe in the next few months, but I can't make any exact promises. My to-do list is currently 673 lines long :).
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

Eric wrote:Maybe in the next few months, but I can't make any exact promises. My to-do list is currently 673 lines long :).
Wow !! that's a lot of work, but too a very good news :D
neoz

Post by neoz »

+1 :mrgreen:
TanookiMonk

Post by TanookiMonk »

Eric wrote:Maybe in the next few months, but I can't make any exact promises. My to-do list is currently 673 lines long :).
Hey Eric, sorry to bump but... I wonder what number on your to do list this feature is now ;) ? And how big your to do list is now :P ?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Well, I don't have exact numbers, because I always need to change and adapt to circumstances... which is why I can't really make any promises. Rest assured though, there are lots of features coming that everyone will appreciate :).
OP9

Post by OP9 »

bump for the particles! :idea: