Previous topicNext topic

Re: Upcoming features

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Nodepond

Post by Nodepond »

I am quite a new user to magic, and I appreciate the general straightforwardness and audio-reactivity of this tool. Im combination with Syphon (I'm on a mac) make Magic useful for VJing.

But I am missing two things:

1. I would like to have some facilities, to draw multiple instances of one shape. Right at the moment, I have to draw/transform every shape "by hand" and want more scriptable stuff. Things like the "Iterator" at Quartz Composer or the "Spreads" at vvvv.
2. I see myself often, making a math transform at one i.e. shape (the number boxes...) and then making the exact same (or similar) mathematical transform at another object. It would be cool, to somehow be able to have something like a "math node", that could hold a transform. Connect it to whatever module you like -> and then override certain parameters in the connected node. This would be just anther big time-saver!
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok, thanks! Good ideas. :)

Actually, another user had suggested an "array" module, which would make multiple copies of its input, and spread them out along the x- or y-axis. I think this is probably similar to what you want?

Also, we're planning to add copy-and-paste functionality for the modifiers, so you'll be able to transfer them easily from one module to another.
Nodepond

Post by Nodepond »

Going into the right direction, thanks!

To the second point, I imagine something like that

(calculate some math-transform) -> put into one or more modules as transform. Here you can chose the input and override certain things.

...but you will know what best to do next! ;)