Previous topicNext topic

Time offset for audio/MIDI sources

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
TKS

Time offset for audio/MIDI sources

Post by TKS »

In my recent bass drum animation here https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fa1uTDLe9mg the pedal of the bass drum is triggered by the audio of the bass drum itself.
Problem: the animation STARTS when the trigger is registered, however the beater needs some time to hit the drumhead and therefore is always too late.

I had to create the (muted) audio-track of the bass drum "moved to the left", means it plays too early, to get everything right.

It would be great to have the possibility to add an offset (positive and negative) to an audio or MIDI source.
Terry Payman

Re: Time offset for audio/MIDI sources

Post by Terry Payman »

As I recall, the "Start time" option on the file menu will enable you to offset the start time of an audio track as you describe. You need to create a file with a unique name (unlike any other in the project), but it doesn't need the time offset to be pre-applied. You can adjust the time offset within Magic.

I don't know of an equivalent MIDI feature.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yes, the “Start Time” option exists exactly for this purpose, and it works for both audio and MIDI files. Please see the User’s Guide for more information.
TKS

Post by TKS »

The option is cleverly hidden I must say :D
I searched for "Offset" in the manual.
Anyway, thanks both for your help, it's highly appreciated!