Previous topicNext topic

Move Transition

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
frank_halfwong

Move Transition

Post by frank_halfwong »

Hi,

Not sure how interesting it would be for other users, but in OBS, when scenes are switched, there is a transition option called "move" and basically it matches components between the two scenes and instead of "cutting" them in/out, they move them into their new respective position. Could be a nice addon to MMV.

https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/ ... ition.913/

Hope this gets picked up!

Frank
Sadler

Re: Move Transition

Post by Sadler »

With a combination of Increase, Clamp and Smooth modifiers you can have elements move into position on scene change. Perhaps not as easily as the OBS plugin but certainly with more control and options.
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

I'll look into it, is that stuff that i can read about in the manual?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Not in the manual, no. Just a wee bit of thought. Here's an example of quite a nice glide on from left to centre.
Screenshot 2021-07-13 204446.png
Screenshot 2021-07-13 204446.png (15.2 KiB) Viewed 4416 times
frank_halfwong

Post by frank_halfwong »

OK i'll give that a shot. So just by adding this in the scene , MMV will be smart enough to activate it as it transitions? Do i need to change anything on the scene playlist transition settings?
Valis

Post by Valis »

It's simply using a starting value that should probably correspond to the position of anything existing in the previous scene, or start off-screen as I presume this example should do. SInce the modified values will start the calculation when you activate the scene, it seems to me it should trigger on scene start. Try his example and see what it does, and then modify accordingly.

A better question might be how to add a delay so that any transition time might occur before this event occurs, especially in the case of moving already existing elements around on the screen (a 2s transition might be best if the 'move' event here started 1s in). Globals and expressions are likely your friend in that case...
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

The 'Increase' will start from 0 when the scene starts. There's no way to pause or delay this. You can only restart the scene or reset the node chain. Even if nodes are bypassed or powered-off the Increase will continue. The only way to delay it is to offset the move further off the screen.

You can resort to absolute time using the Playback Time internal or an Increase with an expression and a smooth. e.g. if (x>3, 1.5, -0.5) will move something after 3 secs.