Previous topicNext topic

set FONT style

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
mengel

set FONT style

Post by mengel »

I'm working with specific layout and fonts for clients, and it would be great if we could set the font style (thin, condensed, light, black ...) not all fonts have this, but some has and I have clients using the variations. Right now you can only set the font family. So having the ability to set the FONT STYLE would be great. Thanks.
Sadler

Re: set FONT style

Post by Sadler »

I'm not really a font expert but I can see all variants of Banschrift (for example) in Magic and where there is a bold version, the bold checkbox displays it. I'm guessing here but, if there isn't a bold version, Magic simulates bold by widening or doubling the font. I looks like italic is always simulated (i.e. it is not a variant, just slanted).
font-family.jpg
font-family.jpg (33.41 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
The variants appear in the font list, as in the image above. Some applications try organise these into a family - not always successfully...
affinity-designer-font-family.jpg
affinity-designer-font-family.jpg (16.54 KiB) Viewed 3303 times
So Magic isn't a DTP or graphic design app and I think it does rather well on the font side of things. But I have a text heavy project I'm working on in Magic at the moment myself and there's a few things I wish I could do that Magic doesn't support.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: set FONT style

Post by Magic »

I can't say that this would be a high priority for us. You can easily create whatever text you want in some other app, save it as an image with an alpha channel, and load it into Magic using the Image module.