Previous topicNext topic

Scene Parameter Exposure/Variable Module

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
WoodlandSpirit

Scene Parameter Exposure/Variable Module

Post by WoodlandSpirit »

Hello, just started my Magic journey and loving it!

While thought dumping in a sketch book project there is one thing that has come to my attention, I've had a quickish look about and can't see anything in the user guide or related discussions in the forums so I apologies if I've missed something blatantly obvious.

I love how modular I can make a project, breaking down a scene into sub scenes and then pulling it all together. At present if I have a particular scene that I want to use in two other scenes but I want it to be slightly different in the second scene the only feasible way is to duplicate the scene and make the required adjustments for the second scene.

Obviously it's not much hassle but if it's just a parameter adjustment you are wanting to make, colour theme for example then for the sake of project management it might be an idea if I was able to have a selected parameter editable when I drop a scene into a new scene, would increase reusability of existing work a great deal when wanting multiple variations as well as keeping projects a little tidier.

On a similar note, it's nice to have global values but I wonder if it would be feasible to have a local to scene equivalate in the form of a sort of variable module, gives a variable that is local to that scene only and usable in the same ways as globals, handy if you need to keep certain parameters in sync for slightly more complex scenes, especially when fine tuning. Could also link it into the above suggestion and have it exposed to edit when you use the scene with the module within another scene overriding the existing value which is pulled through as a default value to the new scene.
Sadler

Re: Scene Parameter Exposure/Variable Module

Post by Sadler »

This is something that has been discussed and requested a few times.
https://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vi ... 130&p=5137
WoodlandSpirit

Re: Scene Parameter Exposure/Variable Module

Post by WoodlandSpirit »

OK thank you, pleased it is something that is out there in discussions already.