Previous topicNext topic

Audio channels for the video module

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
vdjane

Audio channels for the video module

Post by vdjane »

Hi, I made some video's with audio tracks in other apps. I would like to use them in Magic and put some new layers on them with the use of the wonderful audio reactive features of Magic. It would be nice if you could route the audio of the original video to the play list in Magic and make a new video/audio dub from it. Is this something you could implement? And does the forum find this feature useful?
There are some external other tricks but very time consuming and I don't want to loose the original and tight timing if you separate the audio from the original video.

I think it is also a nice option in case you want to ad some additional Magic visuals to spice up an all-ready existing music video of a client. Such as very well timed logo's or something. But then without the extensive editing a manual montage would take ha ha.

greets,

Vida
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Audio channels for the video module

Post by Magic »

Hmm, out of curiosity, is the sync really bad if you separate the audio from the video? I've never actually tried it myself.
vdjane

Post by vdjane »

Well my idea is for example… I first make a rhythm track (only percussion) with a very organic or human feel in it. So not a quantized midi track. Then I let some visuals react on this audio track. For overall system performance reasons I record this track in a file and load it in a new Magic scene. Then I can perform over this audio/video track with other instruments and new visuals over the rhythm track, or even better with the possibility of a multi track option in Magic.
If you have to separate the audio from the video track and hopefully start the 2 things at the same time… Do you see what I mean?
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

So do you think the main issue is just being able to start them at the same time? I might be able to improve that somehow.
or even better with the possibility of a multi track option in Magic.
You can load multiple simultaneous audio files into Magic... I do it a lot, because it gives the best results. It's how I created this video:
Another example from the screenshots page:

In fact, one of the original motivations for me to create Magic was to support multi-track input, because it didn't seem to be available in any other apps for creating visuals.

...or am I not understanding correctly?
vdjane

Post by vdjane »

Yes this is nice and will work if you have separate tracks. But if your source is only one audio file or stream you have to use the Frequencies.
Syd

Post by Syd »

isse could be an option?

http://isse.sourceforge.net/
vdjane

Post by vdjane »

Wow thats an awesome app :)