Previous topicNext topic

Input volume knob, support for audio interfaces

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
JTMilnednb

Input volume knob, support for audio interfaces

Post by JTMilnednb »

Hi, I use Magic for live visualizations, and also making videos for youtube, something that would be really handy is an input volume knob, so I don't have to adjust the system volume to get more signal into the visualizer :) Also I have a steinberg UR22 Audio interface, Magic doesn't get any signal from it no matter what input I choose.

Cheers,
JT Milne
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Input volume knob, support for audio interfaces

Post by Magic »

You can adjust the gain on any audio input. See if this helps:
http://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads/ ... #AudioGain
Also I have a steinberg UR22 Audio interface, Magic doesn't get any signal from it no matter what input I choose.
Hmm, I'm not sure. I've never heard of any audio interface not working with Magic. Can you provide any further information? Perhaps a screenshot of your project, with the Editor window and Audio/MIDI window?
JTMilnednb

Post by JTMilnednb »

Eric wrote:You can adjust the gain on any audio input. See if this helps:
http://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads/ ... #AudioGain
Awesome thanks for that, I didn't know about that feature :D
Hmm, I'm not sure. I've never heard of any audio interface not working with Magic. Can you provide any further information? Perhaps a screenshot of your project, with the Editor window and Audio/MIDI window?
Ok here are a couple of screenshots:
61972.png
61972.png (253.41 KiB) Viewed 5690 times
61973.png
61973.png (262.03 KiB) Viewed 5690 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Actually, the screenshot I'd like to see is what the Audio/MIDI window looks like when you have the "Line" device selected, but the drop-down box isn't open (so I can see the inputs). Can you post one like that?
JTMilnednb

Post by JTMilnednb »

Eric wrote:Actually, the screenshot I'd like to see is what the Audio/MIDI window looks like when you have the "Line" device selected, but the drop-down box isn't open (so I can see the inputs). Can you post one like that?
Ok, here you go :)
61983.png
61983.png (250.93 KiB) Viewed 5690 times
61984.png
61984.png (253.92 KiB) Viewed 5690 times
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hmm. I'm not sure. It looks like it should be working. Have you verified that your audio inputs receive a signal in other applications?

Also, I'm assuming from your first post that you've tried Magic with other audio devices, and they work properly?

I guess the only other thing I can think of is to check your device's sample rate. Magic should work with any sample rate, but occasionally there have been problems if it isn't set to 44100 or 48000. Go to Control Panel > Sound > "Recording" tab > right-click on the device > Properties > "Advanced" tab > Default Format. Let me know if that helps at all.