Previous topicNext topic

Support for FFGL 2.1?

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Terry Payman

Support for FFGL 2.1?

Post by Terry Payman »

Are there plans to support FFGL 2.1 in Magic 64-bit?

There are some awesome plugins for Resolume 7, for example Haute's "Velocity", a particle engine that follows outlines.
https://inapp.get-juicebar.com/effects/velocity
Sadler

Re: Support for FFGL 2.1?

Post by Sadler »

Yeah, $50 euro for that one - nice though it is.
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Indeed, expensive, but I've wanted have particle effects on several different video projects and have been put off by the many times higher costs of any alternative (After Effects) plugins I've found so far. From my initial testing I will be able to do nearly everything that I previously wanted with this plugin, and I found the devs very responsive when asking about further features. My first request will be in their next release!

OK, this particular plugin costs almost as much as the Magic license, but that's not to say that this new generation of FFGL plugins aren't worth supporting natively in Magic.

In the past I have made great use of older FFGL plugins, mainly 32-bit, and it would be a pity not to be able to use the new generation, hence my question/request.

It would be especially handy if Magic could support all the recent generations of Resolume plugins, unlike Avenue/Arena which seem to have needed different builds of plugins every recent version.
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

In my opinion, there is some very useful FFGL 2.1. It could be great to have support for them, if it is possible of course ( technically an licensing).

For this FFGL, I have it and really like it for exemple. I'm doing most of time particule's works with some specific software and send it to magic with spout but the possibility to do this directly into Magic, with all the modulations, native fx, shaders and ISF could be fantastic.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

This has been on my radar but it's pretty complicated and I can't make any promises.
damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

great ! thanks a lot
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

:D :D :D
Terry Payman

Post by Terry Payman »

Eric wrote:... it's pretty complicated and I can't make any promises.
On top of which they don't currently seem to be responsive to issues raised by other devs https://github.com/resolume/ffgl/issues