Previous topicNext topic

Drag n Drop

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
BaconMKII

Drag n Drop

Post by BaconMKII »

For images, videos, models

This may or may not be possible, but It would be pretty cool to have as a feature. Often times I end up moving around the assets for my projects which means going back and linking them again through the file browser. I do try and keep projects self contained to their folders but every now and then I find myself hunting for stuff.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Drag n Drop

Post by Magic »

Thanks! I'm pretty sure it's possible. I've had it on my to-do list for a while but I'll take another look.

The specific functionality you're thinking about is the ability to drag a file from an OS folder onto a module, right?
BaconMKII

Post by BaconMKII »

That would be swell. Or if its possible, to drag a file into Magic from an OS folder and have it generate its corresponding module.
They Said They Saw

Post by They Said They Saw »

Hey! +1 to the drag and drop feature, please. :D

if drag n drop would autogenerate the module, it could speed up the workflow massively.

* a movie file thrown on to the checkerboard would create a movie module with the file linked
* an image file an image module
* a folder with images an image folder module
* drag and drop one of the above on top of their correspondent module should update the file address
* drag & drop a scene from the scene panel to the checkerboard adds that scene
* if dragged on top of another scene it replaces it.
* drag & drop a global variable from the globals panel to a module property adds or replaces that global variable

Cheers!