Previous topicNext topic

Fading folder contents / multiple playback windows

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
truthc

Fading folder contents / multiple playback windows

Post by truthc »

I like the image folder node but I wish it faded. Having support for both images and videos would also be nice. While I can create a slideshow by using the playlist and crossfading options, automatic, randomizing, etc., I can only do that once within a show.

The single most useful feature for me would be to be able to have multiple playback windows.

Coming from a lighting control background I feel like I am being limited to one cuelist and trying to run my entire show from that one cuelist. In lighting control cuelists are grouped by level so that they can cancel each other out or even be layered together when the parameters are not competing. For example, one cuelist may control a static look, another the intensity at a higher priority level and yet another only the movement. The higher level cuelist with intensity would override the output of the static look and the movement cuelist also overrides the static position when it is set at higher level. This is the way that lighting control is often organized.

Thanks.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Fading folder contents / multiple playback windows

Post by Magic »

Sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by multiple playback windows. Do you mean another window besides the Magic and Preview windows? If so, how exactly would it help you?

I plan to add a feature allowing for multiple playlists per project, but it isn’t supported currently.

For fading you should check out the MultiMix module.