Previous topicNext topic

How to - DMX output

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
lindecrantz

How to - DMX output

Post by lindecrantz »

Apart from using Magic to project audio synced video, I would really LOVE to have DMX output as an option. For example syncing strobes and blinders to chosen audio frequency ranges, through an OpenDMX protocol interface. I'd happily pay a higher price to be able to use Magic for both video projection and DMX, it would really take the visuals to the next level (and make it possible for me to create the highest order of mind fuck possible through fog, light and graphic visuals! :D ).

If you have any suggestions on how to get DMX output, direct or indirect, from Magic; I'd appreciate that a lot!
Sadler

Re: How to - DMX output

Post by Sadler »

Magic currently doeasn't do DMX itself but (if money is no object ;) ) LightJams will take a Spout as a source for a pixelmap. It also handles Midi and OSC and you could control both Magic and LightJams with the same controller.
lindecrantz

Re: How to - DMX output

Post by lindecrantz »

Thanks for the tip! It has a free trial and DMX512 is not overly expensive if it's a competent software, USD 99. Will give it a try! Seems like it has sound syncing in itself also. :)