Previous topicNext topic

"Freeze" function

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
stevie777

"Freeze" function

Post by stevie777 »

I know it from lots of music sequencers to save CPU. To freeze a scene might be a solution for magic ,too. It's like bouncing a track with an undo option.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: "Freeze" function

Post by Magic »

How about using the Export Movie command to create a video from the scene? Then you can load the video back into a Video module. What do you think?

Eric
stevie777

Post by stevie777 »

Well, I'll try it of course. Thanks for this. But I wouldn't wonder about problems with synchronization, if the scene was triggered by a something like a kick before rendering it.

It would definitely work, if the playlist would work in beats, not in minutes and seconds.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Hmm, ok. Do you have any suggestions for how to do it though? I can't think of any other way except exporting to a video. Or am I not understanding correctly?

Synchronization wouldn't be an issue unless you were playing the video with different music than what was used to create the video in the first place. But in that case you can just set the Speed parameter of the Video module to match the bpm of the music. This topic might be relevant: http://magicmusicvisuals.com/forums/vie ... ?f=4&t=150

Does that help?
stevie777

Post by stevie777 »

I'll check it out and let you know. Thanx4help!