Previous topicNext topic

Post-processing in child scene

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Sadler

Post-processing in child scene

Post by Sadler »

This may have been raised as an issue before in passing though I can't find a specific reference in the forum.

Including one scene within another which both have Post-processing can, in certain circumstances, cause black output in the parent scene. This is especially irksome when creating during a live performance when including a scene as a child of another. It is also frustrating during scene development trying to track down what is causing a blank screen in a big composition. I've attached a paired down demonstration comp.
PP_Demonstration.magic
(2.41 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Is it possible/feasible to disable PP in all child scenes by default?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Post-processing in child scene

Post by Magic »

For any scene you can right-click its name (in the Folder or Tab panels) and select the option "Exclude Scene From Post-Processing". Is that sufficient?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

I use PP exclusion for all utility scenes and it works great to avoid this and it will work if you know the the scene will be used as a child. The cases where this is not sufficient is when:
  1. a child legitimately uses PP when that scene is played independently of any parent.
  2. you're combining and mixing projects and accidentally have this situation occur - a module instance search across scenes might help.
  3. in the throws of performance and one wants to bring in child scenes with PP as elements you have to a) remember and, b) do it.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok I understand. I'll see what I can do.