Previous topicNext topic

Playlist node

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Sadler

Playlist node

Post by Sadler »

I'm not sure how tractable this idea is and no doubt there are many ways similar objective could be achieved but this is my thinking.

A playlist node that injects the playlist (or a folder) into a scene. Granted, this could be seriously abused but here are the advantages as I see it:

1. Projection mapping - a mapping scene could geometrically arrange the output of your set depending on the stage design.
2. Output processing - lessening the need for a processing node in every scene.
3. More control of the playlist transport (audio)

We can currently inject another scene into the current scene and undoubtedly this playlist functionality could be somewhat achieved by a massive input selector or multimix. But these don't have the timing advantages of the playlist or (I guess) the memory/scene management chops of the playlist and would construct quite cumbersome and inflexible scenes.

Just food for thought.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Playlist node

Post by Magic »

Yes, an interesting idea but there would be a problem with having the playlist exist "within" a scene as well as "outside" all the scenes. They would conflict with each other. But I think there is room for an improved InputSelector-type module that has more features of the Playlist.