Previous topicNext topic

Numbers for InputSelector nodes or more numerical nodes

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
truthc

Numbers for InputSelector nodes or more numerical nodes

Post by truthc »

Hi,

Using the InputSelector node I find myself counting down the strings to try to figure out which node is which number. I wish there was a selection node which showed the selected node name. I also wish it was easier to correlate the nodes of the InputSelector with the numbers in the counter of the InputSelector.

I feel that visually glancing back and forth between the bubbles and the strings while counting down to the position is like playing Battleship where rows and columns are counted. Please enhance that feature.

Thanks
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Numbers for InputSelector nodes or more numerical nodes

Post by Magic »

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "counting down the strings" or "the bubbles and the strings" ;) , but again the issue is that the parameter has to be a number. It can't be a module name. And I'm not sure that showing the selected name would help, because you might have several inputs of the same kind.
I also wish it was easier to correlate the nodes of the InputSelector with the numbers in the counter of the InputSelector.
This is a good idea and something I can look into. Perhaps there is a way for the selected input to be highlighted.