Previous topicNext topic

Add Input & Insert Input : Paste from clipboard as option

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Terry Payman

Add Input & Insert Input : Paste from clipboard as option

Post by Terry Payman »

It would be great to have the option to be able to paste from the clipboard when using Add Input, although I imagine this would only be meaningful/permissible if there was a single signal path in the clipboard contents. A keyboard shortcut for this would be really cool, similar to the Replace With > Paste command.

I needed this recently. I had 27 .png files, and wanted to select between them, so needed to connect 27 Image modules to an InputSelector. I had changed the Image module's Scale parameter from the default so it was quickest to copy a configured Image module, then paste repeatedly, then connect up each Image module to the InputSelector.

It would have saved a lot of time if I could have just selected the InputSelector, repeatedly used a keyboard combination to Add Input > Paste, then Ctrl+G to auto-arrange the result.

The same Paste option could also be useful for Insert Input - but only as an occasional convenience and for completeness.

Edit: I'd forgotten that I was subsequently sent more .png files - a total of 44 image modules to be connected!
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Add Input & Insert Input : Paste from clipboard as optio

Post by Magic »

Yes thanks, I have that and a few similar things on my list. Starting to run out of keyboard shortcuts though! :)
Terry Payman

Re: Add Input & Insert Input : Paste from clipboard as optio

Post by Terry Payman »

Cool! Thanks Eric. :D :D :D
It's only the Add Input that really needs a keyboard shortcut, so ideally please save one for that.

Alternatively, once a menu option is available, a keyboard shortcut for "Repeat Action" would be perfectly acceptable (and of wider application).