Previous topicNext topic

real-time previews of entire project ??

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Carbinax

real-time previews of entire project ??

Post by Carbinax »

some way to preview a real-time video timeline so you can see the scenes transition from one to the other in real time, would be awesome.
Unless I'm mis-understanding something, I'd rather not have to do a potentially long render ( I don't have a dedicated graphics card, just the built-in one ) just so I can see how it all looks, and discover I have to re-do it.
I only bought it yesterday, so I could be completely wrong about this.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: real-time previews of entire project ??

Post by Magic »

In Magic there isn't a concept of a preview, because everything looks exactly the same in the render as it does in real-time. WYSIWYG -- what you see is what you get.

I think you want to enable the "Playback control" option which links the Playlist (and therefore the transitions) to the audio/MIDI playback controls: https://magicmusicvisuals.com/downloads ... ileControl
Carbinax

Post by Carbinax »

thanks. That sounds like exactly what I needed............to see the transition from one to the other.

I can make a scene ok, and I know how to clone a scene, but......ok, say I have 2 scenes......we'll call them scene a and b for simplicity.

Scene a is all set up. I make a duplicate, but scene a has something in it that I dont want in scene b, like an image reacting to bass frequencies, or its spinning or something, so how do I turn that effect off so that when I press play the scenes will transition from one to the other and they will be different ?

Another thing I need to know is, are scenes independent of each other ?
if I delete everything in scene b so there is only the magic module and a simple background picture, will those modules also be deleted in scene a as well ?

Im hoping each scene is independent and self-contained ? If it is, then I understand the process of joing scenes to make an entire video :D
If not, then I'm confused about how to do that
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yes of course :). Each scene is completely independent. If you duplicate a scene, any changes in the duplicated scene won't affect the original scene in any way.
Carbinax

Post by Carbinax »

so I could scrap absolutely everything in a scene and build something completely different in there, and it won't affect the other scenes ?? That is awesome !!! Thanks Eric. I see the potential now. Very excited :shock: :D