Previous topicNext topic

Option to globally disable post-processing

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Sadler

Option to globally disable post-processing

Post by Sadler »

When fine tuning a scene's core effects, the post processing can get in the way. It would help my workflow to be able to disable post-processing in all scenes and then have it re-enabled in performances. This would also be helpful when debugging PP loopback issues in more complicated scenes.

Another workflow improvement would be to loop a portion of audio while adjusting effect params. Alternatively (or in addition) it would be useful to skip forward or backward a short period (e.g 5 secs).
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Option to globally disable post-processing

Post by Magic »

When fine tuning a scene's core effects, the post processing can get in the way. It would help my workflow to be able to disable post-processing in all scenes and then have it re-enabled in performances. This would also be helpful when debugging PP loopback issues in more complicated scenes.
Ok, though a quick way to disable the post-processing is to go to the post-processing scene, select all (Ctrl+A), bypass (Ctrl+B). Bypass won't affect the SceneInput or the Magic modules.
Another workflow improvement would be to loop a portion of audio while adjusting effect params. Alternatively (or in addition) it would be useful to skip forward or backward a short period (e.g 5 secs).
Thanks, looping has been requested.

You can click in the audio time slider to jump around, is that not sufficient?
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Thanks for the PP tip.

I'm putting together a 2 hour set and even with the Sources windows across the whole screen I'm having trouble pinpointing the changes with the mouse. It's not impossible but it slows down the work quite a lot waiting for the next change if you don't hit very close.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Ok I see, that makes sense.
DemBambiSeiMudder

Post by DemBambiSeiMudder »

Hello :-)

I didn't know about post-processing option until reading this post, but I used something like that anyway :-D
So I have a module for post-processing that I add to the end of the module chain in all other scenes.
I use it because I create LED installations and show magic visuals on them. To get a feeling for the LEDs onscreen I have a "post-processing" scene called LEDStripes that creates an array of dots und uses alpha mask to simulate the LEDs on the other scenes.
Of course I don't always want to see the LEDs so I came up with the following workflow:
  1. Add a "post-processing" scene.
  2. Add it to all scene where needed at the end of the chain.
  3. Right click on the added LED scene
  4. Add global and call it "Disable LEDs"
  5. Select "Show Param For > Bypass"
  6. Map the bypass parameter to Source -> Globals and Feature -> Disable LEDs
  7. Setting "Disable LEDs" to 1 disables them and setting it to 0 enables them
  8. Advanced: Now I can also add an Offset Modifier to the global that I map to a Midi command to be able to disable LEDs/post-processing on a button press
Hope that helps :-)
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Disabling PP using a Global - nifty, thanks!