Previous topicNext topic

Support for WebGL Folders

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
LonConDon

Support for WebGL Folders

Post by LonConDon »

Hi, first time posting and haven't seen this topic, so here goes...

There's this new app on Steam for early access called Wallpaper Engine. It makes live wallpapers with 2D or 3D scenes, a game or app, and WebGL folders. The cool thing about it is that there are ways to get a scene or WebGL to react to system audio. I've made a couple reactive wallpapers, and I wonder if Magic could do something similar.

I love the GLSL shader module in Magic. It's a common starting point in making my visuals. But I'd like to be able to attach the shader to a model or any of geometry. Or be able to displace the vertices of the geometry to audio.

WebGL support would give more control for those "extra special" scenes. I imagine the web page having a few 'open variables' for Magic to control and assign an input device to. Maybe a way to define the types of controls Magic has like trigger, checkbox, integer, and float.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Support for WebGL Folders

Post by Magic »

Yes, I would also love for shaders to be able to affect geometry :). It's been on my wish list, I just have to figure out the particulars which are somewhat complicated...