Previous topicNext topic

NDI Output option

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
ToxMox

NDI Output option

Post by ToxMox »

I mentioned this inside another thread in the General section but figured I'd officially request it here:

Please add NDI Output support. Currently using Spout to NDI conversion app but that uses 10-12% of my CPU on an i7-6850k just for the conversion so it would be really nice if I could remove that converter from the loop.

NDI is becoming more and more popular. OBS, Xsplit, VMix, and Wirecast all support NDI sources but not Spout.
Magic
Site Admin

Re: NDI Output option

Post by Magic »

On my list, thanks. :)
ToxMox

Post by ToxMox »

Eric wrote:On my list, thanks. :)
Hooray! :D
mikeymalone

Post by mikeymalone »

ToxMox wrote:I mentioned this inside another thread in the General section but figured I'd officially request it here:

Please add NDI Output support. Currently using Spout to NDI conversion app but that uses 10-12% of my CPU on an i7-6850k just for the conversion so it would be really nice if I could remove that converter from the loop.

NDI is becoming more and more popular. OBS, Xsplit, VMix, and Wirecast all support NDI sources but not Spout.
I use spout output into OBS all the time. Spout creates a virtual camera and you simply add it in your sources as a video capture device.
ToxMox

Post by ToxMox »

mikeymalone wrote:
ToxMox wrote:I mentioned this inside another thread in the General section but figured I'd officially request it here:

I use spout output into OBS all the time. Spout creates a virtual camera and you simply add it in your sources as a video capture device.
But then you lose the alpha transparency.
ToxMox

Post by ToxMox »

Eric wrote:On my list, thanks. :)
Hi Eric,

Just wondering if there is any update on this? I was using the spouttondi plugin that worked with magic but it stopped working for me and would love to see native integration.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

There are native NDI modules for Magic now: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1756
underscore

Post by underscore »

would be really nice to have native NDI HX support as this protocol is now everywhere

MagicNDI (https://github.com/leadedge/MagicNDI) has no MacOS support at all and the Syphon NDI converter (https://docs.vidvox.net/freebies_ndi_syphon.html) increases latency too much.