Previous topicNext topic

Last 10 nodes palette

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
Sadler

Last 10 nodes palette

Post by Sadler »

I think it would be efficient to have a panel with icons for the last 10 used nodes used which could be dragged and dropped onto the work area. There could be options for permanence and exclusion for favourites and one-off effects respectively. It could be combined with macro and preset systems and use default nodes, the clipboard, recent parameters/midi settings and probably a range of other things that would benefit from drag and drop convenience.
blackdot

Re: Last 10 nodes palette

Post by blackdot »

that would be nice. i keep setting up default scenes with the most important modules wich i then copy paste around. to be quicker than the rmb menu. another option would be key shortcuts for that.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Personally my preference would be to have a keyboard-searchable menu where you start typing and it comes up with the matches (sort of like in the Google search bar), but I can see the benefit of your suggestion :).
artnik

Post by artnik »

Eric wrote:Personally my preference would be to have a keyboard-searchable menu where you start typing and it comes up with the matches (sort of like in the Google search bar), but I can see the benefit of your suggestion :).
I like this idea. It's how BLENDER handles the interface and it's awesome.
Sadler

Post by Sadler »

Yes, a keyboard-searchable menu, I think, is essential with the ever growing list of nodes but not mutually exclusive to a drag and drop history/clipboard. The node search has been requested before I believe. I would like to request both UI features.