Previous topicNext topic

Video Capture module, adjusting cam resolution

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
stevie777

Video Capture module, adjusting cam resolution

Post by stevie777 »

Hi Eric! Actually I'm experimenting with my webcam, Logitech C615. It's a full HD cam that supports 16:9 size resolution. I adjusted it in the Logitech software where I also did a special colour setup.

The colour setting didn't change in Magic, but the size resolution changed to 4:3. Is there a way to adjust it? Or do you know an affordable cam that works in Magic with 16:9?
Magic
Site Admin

Re: Video Capture module, adjusting cam resolution

Post by Magic »

Hmm, I'm not sure. Your camera should work with 16:9. My camera here works with 16:9, but it's built in to my laptop. I have a couple external Logitech cameras connected to my other computers, but they are older and I think they default to 4:3.

Version 2.1 of Magic (the next release after 2.01) will have a brand new VideoCapture module which will support many more options, including setting the resolution and frame rate. If you can wait a couple months, you probably won't have to buy a new camera :).
stevie777

Re: Video Capture module, adjusting cam resolution

Post by stevie777 »

Well, sounds good :D
Untill I really need this feature I have to work on the main idea. And this I can do with some video-files I record. Maybe in one or two weeks I can show you something that's really exciting :)

I'll post it, when it's done!