Previous topicNext topic

UX: easier acces to scenes in folder sidebar

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
blackdot

UX: easier acces to scenes in folder sidebar

Post by blackdot »

in addition to (or instead of) clicking the little play button to edit&preview them, make it so, that you can also doubleclick. might be very subjective, but it feels more natural to me.

also, i noticed that you can "close" scenes in the top bar, but they still stick around in the folder bar. what's the purpose of this?

also, option to deactivate the topbar completely? as far as I see this, it has no real purpose anymore?
artnik

Re: UX: easier acces to scenes in folder sidebar

Post by artnik »

Double-click seems like a great suggestion. The arrow alone is a little fiddly.
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

During initial 2.0 development, I had it as double-click, but people didn't like it. You can go look, if you know what I mean ;). But I could support both I guess.
also, i noticed that you can "close" scenes in the top bar, but they still stick around in the folder bar. what's the purpose of this?
The folder panel shows everything in your project. If something isn't there, it's because you deleted it :o .

The folder panel behaves like a file/folder window. If you delete a file or folder, it's gone. If you open a file, such as a text file, you see its contents in a text editor. Closing a text editor doesn't delete the text file.

So, in this way, closing tabs doesn't delete scenes. It just removes them from view so you can focus on the ones you need to edit.
also, option to deactivate the topbar completely? as far as I see this, it has no real purpose anymore?
Yes, this option is on my list. But it does have a purpose for those who prefer to organize things via tabs :).
blackdot

Post by blackdot »

Eric wrote:During initial 2.0 development, I had it as double-click, but people didn't like it. You can go look, if you know what I mean ;). But I could support both I guess.
oops, i missed that, my bad :oops:
Eric wrote:The folder panel behaves like a file/folder window. If you delete a file or folder, it's gone. If you open a file, such as a text file, you see its contents in a text editor. Closing a text editor doesn't delete the text file.

So, in this way, closing tabs doesn't delete scenes. It just removes them from view so you can focus on the ones you need to edit.
Ah, I understand.
Eric wrote:Yes, this option is on my list. But it does have a purpose for those who prefer to organize things via tabs :).
Nice!