Previous topicNext topic

capture cards not recognised.

Suggestions for new features for Magic.
00fractal

capture cards not recognised.

Post by 00fractal »

hello, so in magic i dont see my magewell dual hdmi capture card inuts in the capture module. no issue in resolume?????????
Terry Payman

Re: capture cards not recognised.

Post by Terry Payman »

00fractal wrote:hello, so in magic i dont see my magewell dual hdmi capture card inuts in the capture module. no issue in resolume?????????
Under Windows I believe this requires DirectShow support in Magic. I too am waiting for this, but it's coming :D
Eric wrote:One of my highest priorities after releasing Magic v2.0 is to improve the VideoCapture module such that it supports DirectShow devices on Windows and QuickTime devices on Macs. This will mean better compatibility with many legacy devices and webcams, and higher-quality devices like BlackMagic cards. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=961&p=4298#p4291
Magic
Site Admin

Post by Magic »

Yeah, I'm actively working on better capture support for Magic's v2.1 release. I will make sure to test with the Magewell because it seems to be the best option for HDMI capture these days.
00fractal

Post by 00fractal »

Yeah cool, sooner the better. The mage well cards are pretty good and alot of people are starting to use them :)